I haven't been posting lately as the Commander has been considering a new job that would take us home back to Michigan. This is a huge decision for us but the timing is terrible.
First there is the election to consider and its impact on the future of the economy and the country. We often refer to the homestead as our insurance policy, can we really afford to toss it away without knowing who the President is going to be?
Second, trying to sell a home in the Winter is next to impossible and the current economic climate doesn't make things any easier. Can we afford to take a loss? Again, knowing the results of the election would help. What would I do with the animals? (The goats go where I go!)
Third, could we get anything comparable in our new location? If you have seen the pictures of my goat barn and the work my father did on the inside of it you can see my trepidation about finding something as nice as I have now.
Fourth, we built this place from scratch - are we ready to give it up?
We took a lot of the leaves from the yard and deposited them inside the chicken coop.
I have discovered over the last couple of years that the chickens shred the leaves to pieces in no time and the worms love it!
6 hours ago