Followers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sunshine and Ducklings


The sun finally came out today so we decided to let the ducklings play in the grass.


Everyone was excited to be outside, and they all wanted to see the new ducklings. Chip leans in to take a closer look.


The ducklings immediately escape from our maximum security enclosure with Chip hot on their tails.


Addison takes a turn at herding the escaping ducklings. The little ones were quite funny, following me all across the lawn and remaining in a tight 3 duckling formation at all times.


Becca watched the antics comfortably while seated in my chair. Sara wants her out but she won't budge.


Chip can't get her to move either - it almost looks like she wants to order a drink for the cupholder.


Becca only decides to leave when she spots the lush vegetation that all the rain has helped spawn. She sprints across the yard to make sure she gets her share.


Becca puts on her cute face while clearing the underbrush.


Chip can eat with the best of them, but isn't he handsome.

3 comments:

  1. This is my 1st visit to your blog site and I find it interesting since my husband and I are basically doing the same thing here on 20 acres in Oklahoma. Although we are somewhat behind you in critters at the moment. I have 6 French Guineas and one rooster - who thinks he's a keet- one large cat who thinks he's a dog; and a Border Collie who loves to herd the guineas and a lazy, most indoors half Schnauzer. We have all kinds of animal visitors though. One difference in our adventure, I'm sure,is I'm much older. But keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okardith, We didn't plan on having any of the farms animals yet - the first thing we were supposed to get were sheep and it looks like they will be the last to arrive! I'm still not sure how all these animals got here, but they grow on you. Good luck with your farmstead.

    ReplyDelete