Followers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Versatile Blogger


I would like to thank K-Koira at My Life with Fly Dogs for selecting me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I will get to the details in a bit, but first let me show off some of my versatile blogging.

Last night when the Commander and I went outside to put the animals away we saw a mama Black Bear and a bear cub out behind the goat barn! They could have been after my little Gidget! The two bears ran off when they saw us but having them around at night is not good news at all.


I made a quiche "Almost....From Scratch" the other evening. I started with:
1 Pillsbury crust
2 tablespoons of flour
a bit of salt and pepper
3 heaping spoon fulls of pico de gallo
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese

Instead of using two eggs I used five guinea eggs. (Those shells are hard as rocks)
Instead of 1 cup of milk I use 1 cup goats milk.
See, two ingredients home grown, thus closer to scratch!
The quiche was great BTW.

OK, back to the Versatile Blogger award. I am supposed to list seven things about myself, so here goes:

1. I am taking a College course this Summer, Statistics, what were the odds.
2. I used to have a fondness for shoes, even the very impractical wild ones. Now I find myself wearing the same two pair all the time and having to wipe poo off from them at that!
3. I am a terrible cook, I have on more than one occasion set myself on fire while making dinner.
4. I have always wanted to travel but now I can't imagine leaving the farm.
5. I want one of those old vintage pick-up trucks that can be retro-fitted with A/C, I hate sweating.
6. I am a RN aspiring to become a Vet Tech, less bedpans and complaining.
7. I have so much on my to do list that I don't know where to begin; soap making, cheese making, spinning, felting, I just hope I don't blow up the house (see item #3) in the process.

I am supposed to pass the award on to 15 other bloggers but since everyone is so busy with Spring chores I will only select 1. NancyDe over at Hapless Homestead has a great blog that everyone needs to visit. First off she lives in Hawaii, how cool is that! Nancy has sheep, horses, chickens, and grows all kinds of wonderful tropical plants in her gardens. She manages a large family while teaching at a local school, how much more Versatile can one get?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats with the Award and i'm gonna check out Nancy's blog!

    Whoohhoooo
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your, ahem, "award"! :)

    They do have a nice advantage though as I now get to add MORE blogs to my ever-expanding reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Chai Chai! I read your blog after I commented on mine - so now I get the "more work". Actually - I am looking forward to farm work and a short summer break from teaching! I appreciate the good word and the award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! I have a fondness for impractical shoes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award! I must say, I'm a little wary of a recipe from someone who catches herself on fire! Hope the animals all stay safe from the bears. Very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leontien - You will enjoy Nancy's blog, I do!

    Carolyn - I am happy you visited because I added you to my blog list!

    Nancy - I hope I send some traffic your way.

    Autumn - Those were the days....Maybe you should post on your shoes.

    Teresa - The quiche was great but I really did burn myself a few times!

    ReplyDelete