Followers

Friday, August 26, 2011

Not Grown Here


One of my neighbors gave me a few zucchini that were huge. They live right next door and I have to marvel at what a great garden they have compared to our pitiful plot. She also gave me a recipe to try.

Cut the zucchini in half and then scoop out the seeds. Season it with olive oil, garlic, and whatever else tickles your fancy, then cover it in foil and bake at 350F until it begins to get soft. Cook some hamburger and add your choice of seasoning (I added some cumin to give it a Mexican flair), then place it in the hollowed out part of the zucchini and continue to cook until the zucchini is easily cut with a butter knife. Add cheese and allow it to melt for a few minutes and then chow down.



It was delicious!

5 comments:

  1. Wait. YOU did this? This is something YOU cooked?!! Miss I-can't-cook-a-thing-cuz-I'll-burn-the-house-down made this terrific sounding meal?... I totally KNEW you had it in you! :-) :-)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, yum! Zucchini boats. I have ONE huge zuke left and haven't decided what to do with it.....fritters, bread or now this. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy - I just didn't get any zucchini this year, not sure why. There was some kind of mold or virus that got my cukes and zucchinis and tried for the kabocha squash and butternut squases, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use those big zucchinis!

    ReplyDelete