Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dating Begins



As I was milking Becca Boo this morning Gidget stood off to the side and screamed continuously at the top of her lungs.  The stress level in the barn was at maximum and that may explain why milk production was down.

Only one thing could explain Gidet's crying, she was in heat.  Rather than put up with that horrible noise all day I decided to bring her over to the buck barn to spend some time with Romeo.  This was a good idea poorly executed.

As I tried to walk her over Molly decided to "help".  Her assistance consisted of first trying to bite Gidget's ear and then actually biting Gidget's side.  An easy stroll turned into me having to carry a no-longer-very-petite Gidget over to the buck barn with Molly jumping up at me every step.

Once Gidget and Romeo commenced "Courting" Dominick needed to depart the premises.  With Molly still trying to help I had to pick up the somewhat stinky buck to be and lug him over to the birthing stall - pew!

If all goes well I hope to have little "kid" bouncing around on March 31, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment